Saturday, December 26, 2015

Weaknesses to work on

In terms of personal difficulties, know I have many things I need to work through.  I have to strengthen my knowledge and skill drawing hands and intend to spend a good deal of time on that next year.  I have a problem giving up outlines in my illustrations.  I have clung to them because they are familiar in children’s illustration but I am somewhat afraid of what it will mean if I eliminate them. Yet they are becoming a crutch and are limiting.   Some of my work is beginning to look like a coloring book with the coloring already done.  I don’t want that look.  I want the outlines to look like they are part of the illustration and work to unite the image overall.

I tend to rely on just one or two brushes in Photoshop and have been told that a variety of brushes and textures would help my work but when I use a variety of brushes I’m not as happy with the outcome.  I need to experiment more and that takes time.  I figure I will eventually find the textures and brushes that work best for me but until then I am using an abundance of experimentation.


These are things I know I will be working on in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment