Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving



There is something very healthy about being thankful for what you have instead of regretting what you don’t have.  A positive outlook makes you feel better all over.

Yesterday, I found out that my cell phone number, which I have had for about 8 years, was given to someone else’s device and my number/my phone is no longer working.  Everyone at the service carrier tech department were very apologetic that this happened but no one could fix it.  I was going to have to go to one of those stores and get a new sim card or a new plan.  I simply didn’t have time for it right before the holiday.  I started thinking of having to call or text everyone who has my number and try to give them a new number and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I started crying.  That is my normal fall back when bad things hit me.  However within about half an hour, it struck me that praying might be a good idea.  My faith is very important to me but I don’t always think of it first.  My bad.


Anyway, I realized that the cell phone wasn’t essential to life or love.  It was given to me as a gift many years ago and has been one of those things that has continued by the grace of God all this time.  I have hardly ever had to pay for it.  God has provided a way all along these years.  If it is time to give it up, that should be okay with me.  He gave it and he can take it back.  It has been a luxury that I didn’t deserve or even earn.  Also, we have other methods of communication to fall back on, so we aren’t without contact with the outside world.  As I started to think about all the blessings I received and for almost nothing, I realized that I should be happy.  I didn’t really deserved to have it in the first place and I could have been without one all these past 8 years.  So really I am blessed.

In a few days, after the holiday rush is over, I will probably go to a store and get it all straightened out.  Until then, I have a lovely peace in my heart about the whole situation.  On the plus side, none of my “needy” family can call me and beg for this or that.  I don’t have a phone.  No more creditors or telemarketers can call me right now, I have no phone.  What a peaceful few days I have ahead of me.  I am very thankful.  This will be a great holiday.


Blessings to everyone.  Especially those facing difficult family situations.  I’m thinking of you and praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment