Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What do you want?

What do people want most in a children’s picture book?  Lots of color?  Lots of details?  Pathos?  I have seen so many children’s picture books that have one or the other, a lot of books that make me wonder how they got published because I thought the art was so bad it wasn’t worthy of the paper it was printed on.   Of course, that’s just my opinion, and not shared by the publisher.


I just wonder if it is a thing that publisher decide will be the “trend” or if it is a personal preference with the specific editor.  A lot of art is about personal preference.  What one person likes another may hate.  There doesn’t seem to be any “good” or “bad” rating system, since somewhere someone will like it, even if you haven’t found that person/publisher yet.


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment