Saturday, August 19, 2017

Positive Words

I found out a long time ago that I respond to positive words.  As a matter of fact, I can be destroyed by enough negative words that I feel crushed and heavy for months afterward.  Positive words are so much a key to my existence that I keep lists of positive sayings and even write positive things for myself to read in my sketch book.  I think a lot of artists are like that.  We need encouragement, nurture and positivity to keep us going.

Begin doing what you want to do now.
We are not living in eternity.
We have only this moment,
Sparkling like a star in our hand-
And melting like a snowflake.

I would suggest keeping an ongoing list of positive sayings and quotations like I do.  Read them everyday.  Tell yourself that you are worthy and then start your day.  Tell yourself that you make a difference and the world without you would be a world diminished.   Make goals for yourself not just for the year, but for each month, each week, each day.  My goal today is to work on my projects.  I have several in the works because I know that they will take time to complete and therefore when I work even a few minutes on each, I feel I have accomplished something worthwhile that day.

Tell me,
What is it you plan to do with
Your one wild and precious life?
-- Dreama Tolle Perry

Recently I finished creating some patterns for these little paper model houses that I have been working on for some time.  I feel so accomplished to have them ready before the school year begins.  I wanted to make them available to teachers and educators for classroom projects to enhance art, geometry, construction and geography.  Here are a few photos of the finished models.  They can be found at my Etsy page at https://www.etsy.com/shop/DancingPaintbrushCo/

Please feel free to view them and leave comments.

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
-- 
Ralph Waldo Emerson


No comments:

Post a Comment