Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Fine Art Photography


In the past year I have discovered the joys of manipulating photography into fine art.  I’ve made several mistakes, including not taking enough photos of my model while I could and not being careful with the shaky camera.  I should always use my tripod when I’m at a photo shoot because I can get very excited, giddy even, and suffer from the shaky hands.

While taking photos of this little girl I did just that, laughed often at the sweetness of her face and eagerness to give me the shots I wanted.  Only later did I discover I had blurred several of the best shots.  Ah well, we live and learn.

I also learned to use a generic background so that cutting out my pieces won’t be as difficult.  I have so many lovely photos of flowers and pieces I want to use later but didn’t photograph them against a mono-colored background.  This didn’t make things impossible but just added to my work.

Here I have the elements of the Fairy Princess for you to see.  Her feet one at a time, naturally so she won’t fall down.  I wish I had taken a better photo of her arms but I made these work.  Then the flower I used multiple times and put a Gaussian blur on the ones in the background.  Finally I had to manipulate the hair and the wings so that they would appear to float better.


I’m actually happy with the final outcome but I worked a long time to get it, smoothing the dress and liquefying the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment