Friday, July 25, 2014

Getting older.

Today I have had my share of memory disturbances.  I woke up “remembering” an event that apparently never happened.  Disorienting, yes.  The more I thought about it the more I remembered it happening just the way I had pictured until it was proved that not only didn’t it happen, it could never have happened.  It’s moments like these that you wonder about your own mental acuity.  I wonder if I’m loosing it.  What could it be?  Alzheimer’s?  Dementia?  Schizophrenia? It’s like that joke: They say the second thing to go is the memory… I can’t remember what the first thing is.  Should I be worried?  Or should I merrily go along and chalk it up to yet another brain-burp?  At this point I vote for the later.  Why worry? It’s like rocking in a rocking chair.  I won’t get anywhere but I’ll have something to do while I get there.


We artists are typically a little crazy anyway, so I guess I will fit right in, in the loony bin.  I think I’ll just put a flower in my hat and hum.  Who cares that I can’t remember what actually came in the mail 2 months ago.  I’m sure I’m good company and that’s enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment